Sunday, November 8, 2009

-2038- A Message Through Time-

Greetings, 
My name is Jamie Reeves and I have a message to deliver. The human race is in danger and we should all reach inside of our creative souls and pull out something beautiful so we can save our planet and ourselves. The purpouse of this blog is to share the making of my new album -2038-A Message Through time- And to post my poetry and lyrics.

The song 2038 was written on July 16, 2009 during a major solar eclipse.  I saw an image of a woman (much like myself) living in a post apocolyptic planet in the year 2038 surrounded by souls who had forgotten that the true revolution of technology was inside of them. (Not much different from 2009) 

I began to poor out my soul at the exact moment the eclipse was happening, and the song unveiled it's mask very quickly, and a chill ran up my spine. In my mind, songs are a lot like living, breathing, organisms, just like our planet. 

Lyrics:

2038

Language is strength but I don't have words
I have a chemical spirit that guides my heart and I know that it's always right at the end of the day.
Social experiments and mass control I just keep on meditating let this story unfold
Open your eyes 2038

Chemical tears and mechanical hearts will not mend your soul its artifical art but we keep on pushing for immortality
We've got part human animals and walking machine, THEY DON'T MEAN ANYTHING THATS ALL MATERIAL AND I'M TALKING SPIRITUAL ALCHEMY!

Dependency-don't wrap those chains around me
To all those broken stars
Light workers will follow forever
I'll love you forever

I feel this eclipse and the gravity hits the taste of the chemicals seep into my lips I just feel so sensitive to this energy
I miss my blue skies and the auras of the trees sparkling water the fish in the seas, there just a remenant of what we once were, of what we once were. 

Oh, Memories
controllers can't take them away from me
to all those broken stars
Light workers will follow forever
I'll love you forever

After writing the song I started to do a bit of research on 2038 and eclipses. I came across this image on google images. An eclipse in the year 2038, the exact day that I wrote the song.


Photobucket

A bit of self prophecy? Or the universal mind speaking through my soul? I think so. But who knows. I am in no way shape or form trying to spread any sort of fear much like the media trying to brainwash people into thinking that we are all going to die on December 22, 2012.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6519923/Ignore-the-movie-2012-will-not-be-the-end-of-world-say-Mayans.html">2012 will no be the end of the world, say mayans.

To hear an acoustic verson of "2038" you can visit my myspace. There will be 2 versions of the song on the album!! Woot! Woot! 

More Poetry and lyrics to come! I'm soo excited.

Snakes and Arrows, 

~> J

No comments:

Post a Comment