Sunday, November 8, 2009

Autumn Blues

Photobucket

I walk a long path of a thousand different colored leaves

Scattering it's great beauty and it's individuality

Shall I travel amongst the wooded gates to gaze upon the road?

Maybe hop a train change my spectrum so I know that I really know.

I want to see past this road

I want to see past this life

Past all these acorns that drop on my head through the night

With you, I can arrive to the other side

Dust your boots off and face the cult of personality

Your inner path will lead you to spirituality

But if you take the wrong path and can't get back

Baby, I know that you and I will eventually get on track

Because...

I want to see past this road

I want to see past this life

Past all these acorns that drop on my head through the night

With you, I can arrive to the other side

I look into the doe and bucks dark eyes

I tell them I eat them and they don't look too suprised because

I am them, they are me, I am the grass, and they are the sea yet we all keep believing the myth, we all keep believing the myth.

I want to see past this road

I want to see past this life

Past all these acorns that drop on my head through the night

With you I can arrive, With you I can arrive, With you I can arrive to the other side. I can arrive to the other side.


I wrote this song last fall after looking at a picture of an autumn path and thinking back on a dream I had as a child. I also incorporated the knowledge I had learned from reading the book "The Story of B" By Daniel Quinn.

Cool album fact: While recording the song Autumn Blues (you can't hear it yet beacause the album isn't finished) I sat on the back porch of The Anderson farm and the universe laughed at me while acornes graciously dropped on my head. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment