Monday, November 9, 2009

Releasing Cultures Chains - A Shift

I wrote Cultures Chains Fall of 08 - You can hear the album version on my Myspace Music
Both produced By our FML shaman producer Mr. Josh Reeves! (Global Reality theme plays)




I'm releasing a shift in the cosmos dry air today
Gemini is crying and Aquarians won't go away
I take a deep breath as the house on my back starts to Sway
I lay it down slowly and break out of Cultures Chains
And then Blow it away

Take Hermes breath and make it yours
Force negative ions through the floor
I said, it's a state of emotion
Powerful potion you've injected inside of me
I just blow it away

The Eagle keeps flying as he conquers the skies from within
The jellyfish keeps swimming thinking water was made just for him
Homo sapiens think we'll conquer time and space
There is so much Love to give we must care and embrace this place
BEFORE WE TAKE IT AWAY!

Take Virgo's heart and make it yours
Draw the constellations on your neighbors door
It's a state of emotion
Powerful potion you've injected inside of me
Don't let them take it away!

I'm releasing a shift in the cosmos dry air today..







Photobucket
This song was inspired by a series of books written by Daniel Quinn. A very special person in my life, Christopher Small introduced me to "Ishmael" and "The Story of B" and they changed the way I looked at humanity and the earth as a whole forever.

-Quotes from Ishmael-

-"You're captives of a civilizational system that more or less compels you to go on destroying the world in order to live."

-"It was not only the Jews who were captives under Hitler. The entire German nation was a captive, including his enthusiastic supporters. Even if you weren't personally captivated by the story, you were a captive all the same, because the people around you made you a captive. You were like an animal being swept along in the middle of a stampede. The people of your culture are in much the same situation. Like the people of Nazi Germany, they are the captives of a story."

-"There's nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as yours does, they will live at odds with the world."

One of my favorite parts of the book talks about an imaginary scientist encountering a jelly fish thousands of years ago where it peaked the evolutionary path. The scientist asks the jelly fish how it came to being. And the jelly fish starts to talk about first cells, primitive organisms in the sea and through an entire story of evolution comes to present. Suddenly it stops and with tremendous pride in its voice says. "And finally came jelly fish..."

Photobucket

More artists inspired by the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment